Are you thinking about getting into triathlon or doing your first race? Have you finished a couple of races and are keen to improve your performance?
Triathlon training and racing can be daunting and confusing. Many beginners are a little intimidated by everybody else who looks like they know what they are doing and have all the gear.
Triathlon for Beginners is an easy-to-understand and insightful book packed with practical training tips and strategies, nutrition advice, how to develop mental toughness, and advice on triathlon gear you need. It will help you:
- Understand the sport of triathlon and how it works
- Develop a training plan that simplifies your season
- Train effectively, so you minimize the risk of getting injured
- Avoid making mistakes that cost a lot of time and money
- Help you feel confident when you are on the start line
- Decide what race length is best for you, from sprint to Ironman
- Buy the right triathlon kit to suit your ability and your aspirations
A personal note from the author: This book is gathered from years of training and racing, not only from my triathlon experience but from the experiences of champions. I have trained with and raced with elite athletes and winners from all over the world, but I also started out not knowing what I was doing and was scared to death when I did my first race.
I wish I had this book when I started out. I would have saved myself a lot of heartache and stress! I wrote this to help all triathlon rookies get over their nerves and enjoy this fantastic sport.
Triathlon for Beginners is a complete start-to-finish guide that covers all areas of training and racing, including what you need to know and how to begin; how to understand the jargon of the sport; training rules and techniques; swimming, cycling, and running techniques; race etiquette; and how to get faster and better performances.