• Provides water lovers with a host of fun destinations
• Includes swimming gems from drive-ups to hike-ins, in-city to out in the country
• Appeals to all ages, fitness types, and income levels―admission fees not required
Finally a guidebook for swimmers! There is no shortage of guides for places to hike, climb, and paddle in Western Washington, but not much on how to find perfect places to swim. Now Swimming Holes of Washington fills that, er, hole. It’s the ultimate list for water lovers who want to find gorgeous and fun places to make a splash.
Everyone from hardcore hikers to families out for a picnic and plunge will enjoy this guide to a universally loved activity. Authors Anna Katz and Shane Robinson literally dove into their research to find the best swimming holes to share. They set the bar high: cleanliness and clearness of the water is paramount, but the beauty of the surrounding area, the company (or wonderful lack thereof), and the effort involved in getting there are also taken into account.
This lavishly illustrated, full-color guide includes:
• 70 prime swimming holes, mainly in the Cascades and Olympics, with an emphasis on natural swimming locations
• Description of each location, including insider’s tips, type of swimming hole, best season to go, and the features and amenities found there
• Directions via car, bike, public transport, and/or foot
• Trail maps to the more remote holes
• Information on swimming safety, etiquette, types of water holes, gear, and more