Why do I need a belt?
Back position is critical for preventing injury when performing heavy, compound lifts such as the squat, press, and deadlift. During a lift, the spine is held in position by tightening the core muscles to prevent movement. As loads increase, it is increasingly difficult to maintain enough tension to keep the back in position. A proper weightlifting belt allows greater tension by preventing the core muscles from expanding outward when they are contracted for the lift. This allows heavier loads to be lifted safely. The belt must not stretch to be effective. This is why fabric belts and belts with padding do not work well.
How do I use my belt?
A weightlifting belt is worn across the belly above the hips and below the ribcage. It should be tightened until slightly uncomfortable, but not so tight that you have to suck in to buckle. During the lift, tighten your core muscles as normal, but do not try to “push” against the belt. If the belt moves during the lift, it is either too loose or in the wrong place.
How is this belt different from other belts?
Your Dominion Strength Training belt is made from high quality top grain cow leather. This belt will last a lifetime even with frequent, heavy use. Lower quality belts are typically made from split leather, which can stretch and is much less durable. The worst belts actually contain plastic or foam fillers to achieve thickness. A low quality belt may initially seem fine but will begin to stretch with the first lift and quickly need replacing. Other high quality belts are typically made to order (taking 6-12 weeks) and are very expensive.
Dominion Strength Training Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
Our belts are virtually indestructible. If you manage to damage one of our belts for any reason, contact us for a hassle-free replacement. No questions asked.
- DESIGNED FOR COMPETITIVE WEIGHTLIFTERS. Made from the same 100% top grain cow leather as custom belts costing twice as much. Seamless steel roller. Quality hardware.
- DO NOT USE PANTS SIZE! MEASURE AROUND YOUR BELLY BUTTON. All belts have 11 holes spaced 1 inch apart, providing 10 inches of adjustability. Your belt will always fit even if your waist size changes.
- PREFERRED FOR POWERLIFTING, OLYMPIC LIFTING, AND CROSSFIT. The ideal choice for novice and intermediate weight training. Also excellent for advanced and expert lifters.
- COMPLIES WITH RULES SET BY MANY POWERLIFTING FEDERATIONS. These organizations set the standards for maximum performance, effectiveness, and safety.
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE. Our belts are virtually indestructible. If you manage to damage one of our belts for any reason, contact us for a hassle-free replacement.
Made in the USA and designed for strengthening the muscles of the hands and forarms, Humactive hand putty is available in 8 color-coded resistance levels ranging from X-Soft for the weakest of hands, all the way up through “ULTIMATE” – the highest resistance level on the market. Humactive putties are non-scented and utilize dyes that do not bleed colors, unlike other putty on the market that can stain hands and surfaces. Physical and occupational therapists, golfers, tennis players, marksman, muscians including guitar players, weight lifters, and the elderly are just a few of the groups that use Humactive putty. Our putty is suited for those looking to build strength, slow grip-strength loss related to aging, looking for relief from arthritis pain associated with repetitive motion injury, for carpal tunnel pain, or those recovering from surgery. Also useful for sensory therapy, as a tool for ADD and ADHD sufferers, and for stress relief. Choose from 2 oz, 3 oz, 4 oz, 16 oz, and 80 oz (clinical) sizes. Humactive brand putty colors do not bleed and maintain resistance use after use.
- Made in the USA
- 8 different progressive color coded resistance levels
- Single units and multi-pack kits available
- Used world-wide by physical therapists, occupational therapists, and athletes
- Non-scented and includes re-sealable container