Traditional warm-ups zap valuable strength and energy! Ultimately, performance suffers. Even worse, the typical warm-up will increase the risk of injury! If you re tired of spinning your wheels and getting nowhere with your training then discover the real secrets to effective workouts.
A proper warm-up will:
- Increase body temperature and warm the connective tissues
– Increase blood flow to muscles and heart (i.e. charges the circulatory system)
– Deliver more oxygen to muscles (specifically greater exchange of oxygen to tissues because hemoglobin gives more oxygen at higher temperatures as well as greater oxygen-carbon dioxide exchange)
– Increase nerve conduction velocity (i.e. activates the nervous system)
– Improve efficiency (i.e. rate and strength) of muscle contraction and reaction time
– Promote more efficient cellular metabolism (i.e. facilitates metabolic transition to activity-specific energy systems)
– Excite the hormonal system
– Increase the amount of synovial fluid in joints (thereby decreases the viscosity of the joint capsules)
– Decrease muscle viscosity
– Lubricate the joints and reduces muscle and joint stiffness
– Increase joint range of motion
– Increase muscle coordination through related movements
– Increase work capacity
– Increase attention and focus
– Decrease stress, anxiety (high anxiety can increase fatigue), and tension
– Decrease fear of injury and prevent injury altogether
The key word is “proper” warm-up!
Warm-Up to Strength Training is geared to the recreational, amateur and professional athlete, as well as to personal trainers, strength coaches, and other health care practitioners. The Warm-Up to Strength Training DVD highlights limitations and fallacies in traditional warm-up programs and gives practical, researched methods for efficient pre-exercise preparation. It contains vital information for anyone – from the weekend warrior to the elite athlete – wanting to improve performance while avoiding injury.
Warm-Up to Strength Training is used for weight loss and for increased strength, speed, power, coordination, balance, agility, endurance, flexibility and muscle! It is used to help eliminate back pain, shoulder pain and knee pain … as well as an assortment of aches and irritations all over the body. Warm-Up to Strength Training has been featured in various magazines. Plain and simple, these techniques work!
The Warm-Up to Strength Training DVD is equipped with a text insert so you can take the exercises to the gym with you. Each section provides a reference to all the exercises, allowing you to mix and match your own personalized warm-up scheme to suit your specific needs for that day.
The Warm-Up to Strength Training DVD has received a “thumbs-up” from many experts including Drs. Eric Serrano, Mark Lindsay and Ken Kinakin as well as Olympic strength coach, Charles Poliquin.
Warm-Up to Strength Training is a compilation of material from various strength and conditioning authorities including Paul Chek, Alwyn Cosgrove, Eric Cressey, John Davies, Joe DeFranco, Anthony Ditillo, Ann & Chris Frederick, Stephen Holt, Chad Ikei, Dr. Mark Lindsay, Aaron Mattes, Dr. Stuart McGill, Charles Poliquin, Mike Robertson, Dr. Mel Siff, Charles Staley, Christian Thibadeau, Pavel Tsatsouline, George Turner, Jim & Phil Wharton, Chad Waterbury, and more.
No warm up DVD on the market has been as thoroughly researched as Warm-Up to Strength Training!
Not only has the Warm-Up to Strength Training DVD sold across North America, its popularity spans worldwide. Warm-Up to Strength Training is an international best seller!